In today’s world, it is a necessity for businesses to have an active presence on social media.
Some companies choose to handle this by hiring a dedicated social media manager who is tasked with managing all social channels every day, often speaking in hashtags. That’s great if your company has the means to do this, but that just isn’t the reality for most businesses. This is why outsourcing social media management is a good idea for many companies.
By outsourcing your social media efforts to an expert, you can save time and labor, create effective campaigns and reach your intended audience through a solid content strategy.
What are some warning signs that tell you it’s time to consider outsourcing social media management?
1. When you have frequency issues. Posting too little or posting too much is a great way to have an ineffective social media strategy. Social media needs the right frequency in order to show positive results.
2. When your content is too salesy. Social media is about relationship building and providing engaging content that people want to see. Finding the right balance in your messaging is a constant battle brands have to face.
3. When you feel overwhelmed. It can be difficult to run a business and find time to plan your social media efforts. This is often why a lot of businesses will go dark on social media and then resurface later.
What are the benefits of outsourcing social media management?
1. Strategy. Social media experts are able to formulate a strategy that takes into account your business goals, how you measure success and the appropriate measures you should take on social media. It’s not about being on every channel, it’s about building a strategy that works.
2. Content creation. Your brand’s persona and voice should be defined and woven tightly into your social media messaging. A social media management company can help you define these and create content that effectively communicates your brand.
3. It can save time and money. Social media takes a lot of time. Not only in the actual posting, but in determining how frequently to post, what to say, who to target and more. This can add up to be a lot of labor. By outsourcing, you may save money after you calculate the cost of hiring someone to do social media in-house.
4. Message testing. You should constantly be conducting A/B testing on your social media efforts. By looking at which posts are providing you with the best results, you are able to fine tune your overall strategy and get the best results. Social media management companies have the experience, knowledge and tools to do this.
At the end of the day, no one knows your business better than you, which is why social media will always require some level of involvement from you or your team members, with or without outsourcing. But, through partnering with a company to handle your social media management you can take some of the work off of your team’s plate allowing them to focus on larger strategy goals, while maintaining a strong presence on your social channels.