Compass Media was called on to provide Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services for a consumer-driven, tourism brand that promotes the popular beach destination of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama.
The company wanted to increase organic traffic to their content-based website and to provide their advertisers with additional online exposure.
- The travel and tourism industry is highly competitive. This small site has to compete against well-known sites like TripAdvisor and Expedia that hold a large portion of the market. Consumers also typically turn to review-based sites, like Yelp, when researching businesses or services while traveling.
- In addition, the popularity of featured snippet results from Google for terms like “things to do in ___” further increased competition and pushed down organic search results.
- Compass Media performed a technical SEO audit to analyze the site to ensure it was visible to and optimized for search engines as well as user-friendly for visitors.
- We resolved site errors and other issues found during the audit. We performed keyword research to focus the on-site content optimizations including content updates, internal linking and page title and meta description improvements.
- We improved the user experience on the website by making additional updates like image compression to improve page speeds.
- SEO is an ongoing effort, and we continue to monitor the site traffic and keyword rankings to make any necessary SEO improvements.
Within the first three months of the SEO campaign, the following improvements were made compared to the same period
the previous year.
- Organic sessions increased by 530.01%
- Organic new user traffic increased by 530.87%
- Average session duration increased by 36.52%
- The average ranking in Google moved up 12 positions compared to the previous year.
Need help with your website’s SEO? Contact Compass Media for a free consultation.