Hiring SEO Specialist
Gulf Shores, Alabama or Remote
Compass Media, a leader in digital marketing, seeks an immediate hire of a full-time SEO Specialist to work with our busy client-facing team. The SEO Specialist will report to the Digital Marketing Manager.
This position requires an accountable, reliable and talented candidate who will work closely with members of the digital team, some of whom are located remotely across the country, as well as other departments of Compass Media. Compass Media’s home office is located in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
The SEO Specialist will manage SEO accounts for a wide-variety of clients. In addition to executing these campaigns, the SEO Specialist will produce comprehensive monthly reports and strategic insight. We are looking for someone with prior experience in SEO, but who is willing to learn new skills as needed.
We take great care that every account and client we work with is treated with the highest level of attention and expertise. If you are looking for a competitive, challenging, fast-paced environment based on constant growth, we’re the agency for you!
Most of Compass Media’s clients have multi-channel marketing strategies. The SEO specialist will collaborate with various team members from all departments to ensure that the client accounts are achieving their overall objectives. You will communicate regularly with the Digital Marketing Manager, sales team and corporate executives. The SEO specialist must be creative as well as data-driven, and is ultimately responsible for managing client expectations and communicating success in regard to SEO.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with SEO
- Solid understanding of HTML
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Products including Analytics and Search Console, My Business, Tag Manager and more.
- Familiarity with range of website content management systems like WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, GoDaddy and others.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Comfort working with remote team members
- Coachable, trainable attitude with desire to expand current skill set
- Organized individual with strong project and time-management skills
- Great flexibility in a rapidly changing environment is critical
- Experience in digital campaign management: search, display, paid social ads is a plus
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification is a plus
- Google Ads certification is a plus
- Manage multiple client SEO campaigns including:
- On- and off-site optimization strategies
- Keyword research
- Site traffic monitoring
- Strategy and recommendations
- Generate SEO performance reports on monthly schedule
- Attend scheduled team and staff meetings and client meetings, as required
About Compass Media
For nearly three decades, Compass Media has established a tradition of achieving results for companies and organizations looking to promote their destinations, businesses, products and services. Our clients—including healthcare organizations, educational organizations, state tourism offices, destination marketing organizations, retailers, vacation management companies, attractions, accommodations and more—benefit from innovative integrated marketing services.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and any other documents demonstrating qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include job title in the subject line of e-mail.